Wednesday, January 21, 2009

RSS and Web 2.0

During class this week I learned what an RSS is. Prior to this point, I had absolutely no idea what that was. An RSS is a tool that allows you to get updates on all of your favorite websites without actually visiting those sites at that moment. Through this tool, updates are sent directly to your email, blog, etc. so that all the information you like to look at is available in one spot. I also learned about some various Web 2.0 tools. These tools can be useful for me as an educator. As I begin my career as an elementary teacher, I will be able to Goodreads.com as an easy access tool. As I have parents and students request information on books, or books that are appropriate to read, I can direct them to this site where they will easily be able to access a list of some great books. At the same time, this will be a great resource for me to share and access books with other teachers. Delicious will also be a nice tool to have access to so that I can bookmark great online resources for easy access from one site.

No comments:

Post a Comment