Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Internet Safety Articles

The article that I chose to read as my fourth article was found under the Internet section. It is called "I have a Question" by William C. Porter and can also be found in the March 2001 Ensign. Some of the most important things that I learned from these readings were various guidelines that need to be set in place when using the Internet and viewing other types of media. It was interesting to learn that one of the first things Satan will try to attack is the family. He tries to attack the family through the Internet and other media sources. I also learned how important it is to stay on top of things technologically. As I become a parent and/or teacher of children and youth, I will be able to use what I have learned through the readings (and videos) this week to help protect and guide them so that they remain safe. In the future, I will also be able to continue educating myself on the use of various types of technology so that I am aware of what my children are doing on the computer and Internet. By staying on top of things, I will also be aware of what types of media they are viewing and if it is appropriate. Likewise, the information gained will allow me to have a positive influence on my friends and family. Now that I know signs to watch out for, I can teach them and also keep an eye out on their activities. Through the information I have learned I can make sure that my friends and family are safe through their travels through Cyberspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment